Guidelines of the special scheme of arrangement between the Insurance Institute of India (III) and Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
The Associates and Fellows of Insurance Institute of India can enter for the CII examinations to complete the Advanced Diploma in Insurance qualification at a discounted rate.
1. The minimum credits necessary for any candidate to be eligible for completion of the Advanced Diploma in Insurance according to the framework of the Chartered Insurance Institute is 290 credits.
2. The Associates and Fellows of III may apply for CII recognition of prior learning. For more details refer to "Examination – Diploma – Transcript" menu on III Website.
3. The Associates and Fellows can get the balance credits by passing different units of the CII. The list of the CII units (subjects) available for selection along with their credits value is given in the CII website www.cii.co.uk/qualifications.
4. The CII qualification completion requirements must be met in full. For details please visit www.cii.co.uk/qualifications
5. Recognition of prior learning– To understand how the CII recognition of prior learning scheme works, please read the rules and frequently asked questions on the CII website (www.cii.co.uk/prior-learning).
6. The candidates desirous of entering for CII examinations will have to send the following documents to the CII to get the necessary credits.
a. AIII / FIII Certificates certified by the III officials.
b. A copy of Result Transcript certified by the III officials.
7. For details related to Transcript, refer to "Examination – Diploma – Transcript" menu on III website.
8. The candidates can send a scanned copy of the AIII / FIII certificate and Result Transcript to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org(In subject mention "Recognition of prior learning – CII Examination) for certification/attestation.
9. The candidates should contact the Customer Service Department of the Chartered Insurance Institute directly for all the queries related to examination, fees etc. at email@example.com
10.Send your recognition of prior learning application form and certified documents by post to CII Customer Service. Do not email or fax them to the CII because CII does not accept scanned or faxed signatures on results transcripts and completion certificates. The contact details are Customer Service, Chartered Insurance Institute, 42-48, High Road, South Woodford, London E18 2JP. United Kingdom
11.Enrolling for your CII exams – The candidates cannot register ONLINE for the examinations of the CII, under this scheme of arrangement.
12.The Examination Application duly filled in should be sent to the CII along with the requisite fee. The forms are available on the website of the CII – www.cii.co.uk.
13.The examination application form along with either credit card details or a demand draft in pound sterling drawn on a UK Bank made out to the Chartered Insurance Institute for the requisite amount towards the exam fees, membership fees, books, postage etc. to be sent directly to the CII. The fees can be paid by bank transfer after consultation with the CII.
14.The CII will send the books and other correspondence directly to the candidates.
15. Results will be sent by CII directly to the candidates.
16.The candidates who have acquired the 290 credit threshold and met the CII qualification completion requirements will be awarded the CII Advanced Diploma in Insurance and can apply to use the designations ACII only if they have paid the annual membership fees (qualifications fees) of the CII and agreed to undertake the CII's programme of continuing professional development and adhere to the CII code of ethics.
17. All discounted rates only apply to current members of Insurance Institute of India based in the SAARC region (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Maldives, Afghanistan and Pakistan).
18. III members who are resident in countries outside than the SAARC region will be required to pay the standard CII fees (available on the CII website).
19. Postage and packing of textbooks are not included in the discounted rates and will be charged at £ 15 per item. For latest rates, please contact CII.
20.The CII exams are conducted in India presently at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Patna, Lucknow and Thiruvananthapuram centers.
This information is indicative, for further details please contact CII.